TWO TYPES OF TOOTH EXTRACTION IN TORONTODentists examine the tooth first prior to the extraction to determine whether a simple or surgical procedure will be required. Simple tooth extraction Your dentist begins with administering a sedative which anesthetize the surrounding area near the tooth. You only experience pressure during the procedure. Best dentists in Toronto use an elevator to loosen your tooth. After, they use forceps for removal. Surgical tooth extraction Before any surgical procedure, practitioners give their patients sedative to calm them. Dentists begin by creating a small incision in your gum. Sometimes, they need to remove the bones left in the socket prior to the tooth extraction in Toronto.
RECOVERING FROM TOOTH EXTRACTION IN TORONTOWhen dentists speak of recovery, patients think it takes a while before their teeth heal. For patients who went through tooth extraction, recovery period takes at least a week before they feel zero pain. Here are the tips from the best dentists in Toronto that patients need to follow for a speedy recovery.
- Apply cold compress in the area with a 10-minute interval.
- When pain becomes unbearable, consult your dentist for some medication.
- Make sure to rest completely for 24 hours before going back to your usual routine.
- Recovery from tooth extraction in Toronto involves avoiding smoking, and other harmful substances.
- Drink directly from your mug or cup instead of sipping through a straw. It’s less painful and eco-friendly!
- Continue your usual dental routine of brushing and flossing; however, avoid the area where your tooth got extracted.
- Go on a soft food diet. The best dentists in Toronto recommend consuming yogurt and pudding.
- Refrain from using oral antiseptic after the procedure until the next 24 hours to prevent bleeding. Then, you can rinse your mouth with saline solution the next day as it promotes healing in the area quickly.
DENTAL SERVICES TAILORED FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. BOOK NOW!