Living minimally is becoming a famous trend this new year. It is about living with less. This means fewer clothes, fewer shoes, fewer books, and fewer accessories. Basically, it means that if you don’t need it, get rid of it. Living life to the fullest is about experiences rather than the things you buy.
You might be asking if you are reading the right article. What does dental cleaning have to do with minimal living?
This year, you should start the new year by getting rid of things you don’t need. Bacteria and cavities are examples of things that will only bring you down this year. Your Toronto dentist helps keep your teeth clean and healthy through professional dental cleaning.
It is refreshing to start the year with a clean plate. A dental cleaning procedure helps you start afresh. A clean mouth is a healthy mouth. Good dental health contributes to overall physical health. If you have good health this year then you can definitely do more and experience life to the fullest.
What happens during a dental cleaning?
Many people don’t undergo routine dental cleaning because they think that it’s not just worth their time. They are wrong. This is an investment in your dental health for the next six months. It’s advisable to have routine cleanings twice a year.
Knowing what happens during the procedure will make you appreciate its importance. A dentist or dental hygienist performs dental cleaning services.
1. The first step is the physical exam. Your dental hygienist does this before the actual cleaning. With the help of a small mirror, he will check your teeth and gums for any signs of inflammation.
2. When the examination ends, he will use his dental tool to remove plaque and tartar. These are around the gum line and between your teeth. He will scrape off these unwanted tartar deposits in your teeth. The more tartar there is in a certain spot, the more scraping there is.
When plaque hardens it becomes tartar. This is only removable through a dental cleaning procedure. Brush and floss always to remove plaque build up.
3. After freeing your teeth from the baggage of tartar, the hygienist will now brush it. He will do this in combination with a toothpaste that has a gritty consistency that scrubs your teeth clean.
4. Professional flossing gets deep between your teeth, locating any problematic areas. The flossing session also helps remove toothpaste remains from the previous process.
5. Finally, the hygienist will administer the fluoride treatment. This adds protection to your teeth, aiding it in its fight against cavities in the coming months.
Your dental hygienist will apply a foamy gel or sticky paste into a mouthpiece. Then he will place this mouthpiece over your teeth and leave it there for one minute. Besides this, he/she will also paint fluoride varnish on your teeth. Upon contact with saliva, the fluoride varnish hardens.
Benefits of professional dental cleaning
- Cleaning improves the appearance of your smile. When you feel good about yourself, you become confident to live more.
- It prevents gum disease that leads to loss of teeth.
- Broken fillings and teeth fractures are easily detected through the dental examination before a cleaning.
- A dental cleaning procedure can detect early signs of oral cancer. Early detection can save a life. It also helps prevents potential heart attacks or strokes.
- Twice a year dental cleanings will save you money on dental procedures in the future that you can avoid now. This means that you can spend more time and money on other leisure and activities.
Talk to your dentist today and schedule an appointment for a regular dental checkup and cleaning.
DENTAL SERVICES TAILORED FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. BOOK NOW!