The Invisalign dental procedure straightens out misaligned teeth through lesser number of dental visits than braces. Undergoing this procedure entails a custom-made mouthpiece that perfectly fits your teeth to properly align them.
Thanks to Invisalign, patients are able to follow a rigid dental routine such as brushing and flossing with ease.
Advantages of Invisalign
The Toronto dentists recommend Invisalign to their patients because of these advantages:
- Invisalign is removable.
- There is less pain and injury because there are no metal wires and brackets used.
- Clear aligners are transparent and almost invisible.
- Dental appointments will only be every six (6) weeks.
What does Invisalign do to your dental health?
Going through an Invisalign dental procedure not only enhances the appearance of your teeth but also thwarts dental diseases. Invisalign prevents tooth decay because the food particles do not get stuck in between the teeth unlike traditional braces. Most Toronto dentists advise Invisalign users to thoroughly clean their teeth and the aligners before wearing them again.
Here’s how an Invisalign dental procedure goes.
- Patients consult with their dentist in Toronto area.
- The dentist performs a dental examination to see if the patient is a qualified candidate for Invisalign. Regular dental cleaning may be recommended prior to the orthodontic treatment.
- 3D imaging of the teeth.
- One of the Toronto dentists use a digital scanner to capture impressions of your teeth and mouth. This allows them to carefully map your teeth and create the aligners accurately.
- Creating the aligners.
- Your aligners are custom-made from BPA-free plastic that will not hurt your gums, teeth, and mouth. You’ll wear this for the whole day and remove it when you eat or do your dental routine.
- Wearing it bi-weekly.
- Your dentist recommends to wear it bi-weekly as they advance the treatment every dental appointment you have.
It’s time to enhance your smile and fix your misaligned bites with Invisalign!
DENTAL SERVICES TAILORED FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. BOOK NOW!