What are the disadvantages of not replacing a missing tooth?
- Not replace your missing tooth is a popular cause of jaw bone loss. The roots of a tooth stimulate and support the bone of your jaws. When you lose a tooth, the bone is no longer stimulated, therefore, it can collapse. Titanium dental implants are surgically inserted in the jaw bone to support it and the tooth replacement. This process is also called osseointegration.
- Missing a tooth can cause difficulty in chewing. This is especially hard if you are missing one tooth in front. Back teeth do all the heavy chewing of meat and other foods, missing them can affect how you eat.
- As time goes by, teeth shifts because they are trying to fill in the space left by a missing tooth. The shifting of teeth creates more space which might cause other teeth to shift as well. Teeth movement affects your entire bite.
- A change in your bite can lead to problems like headaches, muscle pain, wearing of the teeth, and even TMJD.
- Teeth also support the shape of your face. Not replacing a missing tooth can cause your face to appear aged.
- You can also suffer some difficulty in speaking if you have a missing tooth.
Why are dental implants a good choice?
Dental implants in Toronto Ontario has many benefits. The following are what makes them a good choice in replacing a missing tooth.
- They help improve your appearance. Implants look like your natural teeth. No one will know that they are simply a tooth replacement. They also feel like natural teeth since they have a screw that fuses with the bone to make them permanent.
- With dental implants, you are also able to speak more properly and clearly. Dentures that do not fit you properly can slip within your mouth. This can cause a mumble or slur in your words. Implants remove the worry that they might slip anytime.
- Implants do not only improve speaking but also makes eating easier. Dentures that slide out of place can make chewing meat difficult. With implants, you chew food with the comfort of regular teeth.
- As opposed to removable dentures, titanium dental implants gives you more comfort. The reason for this is because they are like your natural teeth. You do not need to remove and give them special cleaning every night.
- Oral health greatly improves with implants. It doesn’t need reduction of other teeth like with dental bridges. Your other natural teeth are intact, which improves their longevity. Implants also make cleaning of the teeth easier, improving your oral hygiene.
- Dental implants are sure to last many years with good oral hygiene and proper care.
- Improve your self-esteem with implants. You don’t have to worry about your tooth replacement falling apart. It restores normal chewing patterns and when you smile, no one will know the difference.
Invest in the right treatment when replacing a missing tooth. This is because you will be wearing them for a long time in your life. Titanium dental implants are a great choice. It has many benefits that will make your life easier. Improve your confidence in life by replacing a missing tooth, you will not regret it.