THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE HAVING DENTAL VENEERSThere are a few things you need to consider before you decide to have dental veneers. Aside from the fact that this treatment involves reshaping of your teeth, here are other information you need to know:
1. YOU NEED AN EXPERT TO ENSURE FANTASTIC RESULTS.This cosmetic procedure needs precision and expertise for you to gain excellent results. You need to make sure that your dentist is an expert in applying the shells for a stunning smile. It is always best to consult your prosthodontist who specializes in this cosmetic procedure.
2. THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED BUT AN OPTION TO IMPROVE YOUR SMILE.Smiling is a way for you to communicate. It expresses your emotions and you want it to be perfect as much as possible. Porcelain dental veneers are the perfect option for you if you’re considering for a dental makeover. This is because porcelain has a natural colour similar to your teeth. This also helps correct some minor teeth shape issues to achieve that ideal symmetry.
3. ONE SMILE DOES NOT FIT ALL.These dental veneers are individually shaped to specifically fit each of your bites and ensure a natural contouring result. Your prosthodontist is able to fabricate the shells to cover some gaps or spaces in between your teeth since they are customized.
4. YOU DON’T NEED VENEERS FOR ALL OF YOUR TEETH.This treatment aims to aesthetically improve the appearance of your teeth, however, not all of your teeth need it. The treatment involves trimming down of your teeth, so your healthy teeth need to be spared from the treatment. Only those with deep discolouration and cracking should receive this treatment.
5. YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN COMPOSITE RESIN OR PORCELAIN FOR YOUR VENEERS.Your dentist will provide you with these options when you decide to have the treatment. Porcelain dental veneers are preferred by most prosthodontists since they are more durable and cannot be stained. On the other hand, composite resin or componeers are made from a hard plastic mixture. They are both very durable but componeers are easily stained. Should you prefer the composite resin, you have to choose what you eat to prevent stains on your composite veneer. It is important to note that this is not solely for cosmetic purpose. The shells that are bonded to your teeth help them to be protected from further damages. However, the natural teeth behind them are still prone to decay. Regular dental visits are necessary once you have this treatment to keep them in great shape and intact. Moreover, you have to practice great oral care daily. The dental veneers cost is dependent on how many teeth would need some coverings. See your dentist today and learn more about his treatment plan to give you a smile makeover.
DENTAL SERVICES TAILORED FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. BOOK NOW!