Oral prophylaxis should be done at least twice every year but this may vary from one patient to another. A dental hygienist or a dentist who practices general dentistry in Toronto performs dental cleaning to patients.
The Dental Cleaning Process
Here are the steps of a professional teeth cleaning. This is to give you an idea on what are the inclusions of the dental cleaning cost.
- First, the dentist takes a digital X-ray of your mouth to check your oral health condition. He uses the image to explain to you about the condition of your teeth and gums. The high quality image allows the dentist to identify any sign of gum inflammation and oral problems you may have.
- Second, the dentist removes tartar deposits using traditional tools or laser. The Your dentist needs to scrape off hardened tartar from your teeth and gum line to prevent tooth decay.
- Third, the dentist uses a gritty toothpaste and an electric toothbrush to scrub and clean your teeth. Now, there are dentists who use laser dentistry in Toronto in their practice, for an improved dental cleaning experience.
- Next, the dentist flosses your teeth and removes remaining plaque and toothpaste. Then, you rinse your mouth with an oral antiseptic and a liquid fluoride.
- Finally, the dentist applies fluoride treatment to your teeth. This will ensure that your teeth will be protected from cavities for a couple of months.
How much does a dental cleaning cost?
Professional dental cleaning cost is between $75 CAD to $200 CAD and this will vary depending on the dentist and your location. The use of digital X-ray and laser dentistry would be an added cost for the procedure.
Ways to lower your dental cleaning cost
1.Choose a practitioner of general dentistry in Toronto.
The cost of dental cleaning and other dental procedures vary from one dentist to another. A general dentist offers average cost for a professional teeth cleaning as opposed to dental specialist.
2.Avail of a dental insurance plan for the family.
This is an ideal option for your family to reduce on dental expenses. Consult with your dentist about their insurance partners so you sign up for a dental insurance plan with them. You could sign up at any given time of the year in order to avail of a lower dental plan. If you an existing insurance provider, contact them about their coverage on dental cleaning.
3. Sign up for a dental savings plan.
This is an alternative to a dental insurance with a lower annual fee as opposed to an insurance’ annual cost. Members of the plan could also avail of discounts ranging from 10% to 60% discount.
Avoid skipping your dental cleaning appointment and develop a habit of seeing your dentist at least twice a year. Keeping your teeth and gums healthy is as important as maintaining your general health. There are ways to lower the cost but still guarantee a thorough dental cleaning process. Have an oral prophylaxis with your dentist to ensure optimal oral health.