The Toronto Discovery District is one of the most renowned centers of biomedical research, technological innovation and education in North America. More good news for local residents is that the district contains numerous popular restaurants, shopping venues and abundant services of nearly every kind. The following list is a sample of what is in store for you if you visit.
Whether you are looking for a stylish new suit or want to purchase the latest technological gizmo, Toronto Discovery District is the place to get it. Take a walk in the area to discover the following shopping venues and more!
- Club Monaco – men’s and women’s clothing
- Sephora – cosmetics and beauty supply
- Cole Haan – shoes
- David’s Footwear – shoes
- William Ashely China – kitchen and bath
- 7 Chanel Boutique – accessories, women’s clothing and cosmetics
- Bay Bloor Radio – electronics
- Kensington Market – farmer’s market with vintage items and local flair
- Toronto Eaton Centre – shopping mall
- Harry Rosen Gentlemen’s Apparel – men’s clothing and shoes
- Montblanc – leather goods, accessories and watches
- Tiffany and Company – fine jewelry
- Lavish and Squalor – men’s and women’s clothing
- Rolo – gift shop
With thousands of students, professionals and employees working busily every day in the district, it is no wonder there are so many excellent restaurants to accommodate them. From fine dining restaurants to convenient sandwich shops, you can always find a dining experience you can enjoy.
- Sansotei Ramen – Ramen cuisine – casual dining
- Japango – Sushi, Japanese, Asian – casual dining
- Kyoto House – Sushi – casual dining
- Eat Fresh Be Healthy – healthy food, fusion – casual dining
- Lai Wa Heen – Cantonese, dim sum – fine dining
- Bare burger – burgers – fast food
- Yueh Tung – Hakka, Chinese – casual dining
- Spadina Garden – Sichuan – casual dining
- Tosto Quickfire Pizza Pasta – Italian – casual dining
- Courtyard Arms – Canadian cuisine – fine dining
- New Yorker Deli – deli and breakfast
- Mercatto – Italian – casual dining
- Epicure City Mt. Fuji – Asian, Japanese, sushi – casual dining
On the edge of the district, you can find the Art Gallery of Ontario. With over 2000 prized works of art, the gallery draws visitors from all over world.
Surviving in today’s high-tech, hurry-scurry world is much easier when you can rely on nearby service businesses to help you. Toronto’s Discovery District is home to many companies that serve the general public. Service businesses in the district include florists, dry cleaners, caterers and tutoring services, among others.
- Flowers on Bay
- Wilbe Bloomin
- Corporate Crazy Caterer
- Pumpernickel’s Mars
- Discovery Cleaners
- Belair Dry Cleaners
- Brieffest Tutoring Center
Professional services are conveniently located throughout the Toronto Discovery District. There, you can find legal representation for your personal and professional interests. Doctors abound in this area where biomedical research and services take center stage. You can find dentists at clinics like Downtown Dentistry oral surgeons and other dental care specialties. In addition to these physical health professionals, there are also psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists and business coaches to meet your emotional, social and business needs.
Life in Toronto’s Discovery District is both comfortable and exciting. It brings new opportunities to experience good food, gracious service and wonderful shopping adventures. When you also consider the wide range of personal and professional services available to you, you are sure to be happy you came!