Everyone wants to have a beautiful smile, full of straight and evenly spaced teeth. A good smile can make a great first impression, but a crooked smile can also have negative consequences for a person’s overall health. Until recently, the only way to correct crooked, crowded or unevenly spaced teeth was with traditional metal braces. However, metal braces are readily apparent and can make some people feel insecure about their smile. For this reason, if you have crooked teeth, your Toronto dentist may recommend invisalign Toronto.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a program for teeth straightening. At the beginning of the program, your dentist will examine and make a mold of your teeth. Using this mold, a clear, nearly invisible, plastic retainer will be made. You have to wear this plastic retainer neatly all day for two weeks, only taking it out to eat and clean your teeth. After the two weeks are over, your dentist will examine your teeth again and give you new aligners. Depending on how malleable your gums are, this process will gradually shift your teeth into place over the course of six months to two years.
Why Should I Use Invisalign?
Invisalign straightens your teeth and, in so doing, can
- Improve your appearance. Everyone looks better with a beautiful smile.
- Make you more confident. If you feel insecure about crooked or improperly spaced teeth, invisalign may be just the thing to get you out of your shell.
- Make your teeth easier to clean. If food is often caught between gaps or certain surfaces are hidden due to crowded teeth, invisalign can fix that.
- Even fix certain speech impediments. Some people have problems speaking because of their teeth. For example, if you have a slight lisp because of a gap between your two front teeth, Invisalign will close the gap.
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
However, before deciding on Invisalign, there are a few things to consider:
- Do I have all my adult teeth? The technology behind invisalign can not work unless all your adult teeth are in.
- Am I likely to lose my retainer?
- Can I wear my retainer for 22 hours a day? Invisalign requires that you wear your retainer nearly all day. If you find yourself taking them out on a regular basis,
If you are considering Invisalign and want to hear more, we’d love to talk to you about it. Call or visit us today.
DENTAL SERVICES TAILORED FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. BOOK NOW!