Your Toronto dentist advises that you undergo a dental cleaning procedure at least twice a year. Do this every six months.
DENTOPHOBIA: A HINDERING FACTOR TO A REGULAR DENTAL CLEANING
Patients suffering from dentophobia are afraid of going to the dentist. There are many elements that a person suffering from dentophobia might fear. These include some of the following:
- The dentist.
- Anticipated pain from the procedure.
- Gagging feeling.
- Numbing of the mouth. This fear is common among patients who have experienced difficulty in breathing.
- Others fear the sound of the dental tools used in the procedure of a professional dental cleaning.
- Needle phobia or being afraid of injections.
When you feel that this is a serious problem and is affecting your oral health, here are a few things that you can try.
- Use breathing exercises to relax. Inhaling and exhaling help ease your anxiety and stress. Deep breathing also improves digestion.
- There is a significant advancement in dental medicine and technology today. Through the aid of sedation dentistry, as advised by your dentist, you can feel more relaxed and at ease.
- It is also vital that you communicate with your dentist if you have dental fear and anxiety. A two-way conversation with your dentist will help you understand the procedure. This might help ease your fear. Open up with him on what you are feeling because he can help you through it.
- If the option above does not work for you, then maybe it is time to change your dentist. Find one that you trust and you feel comfortable with.
- Regular checkups and cleanings will make you more comfortable inside a dental office. Do not miss your regular twice a year dental appointment.
BENEFITS OF A DENTAL CLEANING
Dental cleaning has many benefits to help you achieve good dental health.
- Brighter and whiter teeth are one of the aesthetic benefits of professional teeth cleaning. It removes stains that discolor your teeth.
- A dental cleaning procedure detects early signs of broken dental fillings and fractures in the teeth.
- Gum disease, if left untreated, leads to early teeth loss. A regular teeth cleaning helps prevent the advancement of bacteria in the mouth.
- There is a link between cardiovascular disease and gum disease. Dental cleaning reduces the chance of heart attacks and strokes in the future.
- Your dentist or hygienist compares your oral health to the result of your previous consultation. Through this, he can monitor specific areas that need that you may need to work on.
AVERAGE DENTAL CLEANING COST IN TORONTO
The average teeth cleaning cost in Toronto, Canada ranges between $75 CAD to $200 CAD. The price can reach up to $320 CAD. This price includes dental X-rays and dental exams.
Most people make resolutions at the start of the new year. Now is the time to that you add this to your list of goals in 2019. Start the year with your first dental cleaning procedure today and return to your dentist before the ends. Are you up for the challenge? You will get healthier and whiter teeth in return, and it just gets better from there.