Crooked and misaligned teeth are common problems under orthodontic dentistry. Traditional and metal braces are the main players in this field. However, because of the advancement in dental technology, a new player has now emerged. Its name is Invisalign.
If you are someone who needed orthodontic treatment but didn’t want to wear braces then this is for you. It is understandable that some might get conscious with how metal braces look on their teeth. Sometimes they delay the treatment because they are afraid that others might laugh at them because of their braces.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT INVISALIGN
- Invisalign clear aligners are custom-made aligners that are almost invisible on your mouth, such that others will hardly notice them. They do the job of correcting your teeth without making you self-conscious with how you look.
- You can take out your clear aligners when you brush and floss your teeth. This is a good thing because it ensures that your teeth are clean and healthy. Unlike with traditional braces, it is hard to get through the spaces because of the metal wires. Sometimes eating can be a challenge because some of the food particles can get stuck between. Not getting them out can cause the bacteria on the mouth to feed on the food. This can lead to plaque and decay. With Invisalign, you can take your aligners out when you eat and drink. Recommended time of wearing these aligners is 22 hours a day.
- Metal brackets are the common image that pops into mind when someone says traditional braces. These metal wires can sometimes scrape the insides of your mouth. On one hand, the plastic aligners are gentle on both your cheeks and gums.
- Having to wear aligners means changing them every two weeks. Wearing this dental appliance follows a treatment plan. This will ensure you to have straighter teeth after a certain period of time. Your dentist will change your Invisalign clear aligners according to the treatment plan. The aligners put pressure on your teeth which means that in a few weeks, your teeth are in a new position. The new aligners will slowly push them to a new position until they reach the right one. Invisalign treatment in Toronto Ontario will not last for more than two years.
- If you currently have braces now, you can shift to Invisalign upon the advice of your dentist. Many people have switched to Invisalign because of its almost invisible appearance.
- There are only certain dental clinics in Canada that offer the Invisalign treatment. Only dentists who have completed a specialized training can offer this service.
- Take care of your aligners with a special cleaning solution that your dentist prescribes. You can also clean them using a toothbrush. Don’t forget to rinse them with lukewarm water. Do not use hot water because it might damage the plastic.
- As with many orthodontic treatments, you might have to wear retainers after. This helps prevent your teeth from shifting back to their initial position.
The Invisalign clear aligners are the game changer in the world of orthodontics. They are the best alternatives to traditional metal braces. They get the job done without damaging your self-confidence.